MUSIC FREAK - MANESKIN "TEATRO D'IRA" (review)

After listening to the album by Italian rock band Maneskin, I can guarantee one thing - they will stay with us for a long time! Well, I really wasn't sure about that when I heard their great song from the Eurovision contest. However, the whole longplay left me quite astonished! 



But first things first: the album has only 8 tracks. So right from the start it made me feel quite negative about their music: only less than 30 minutes of music?  What the hell? What is it about? Do they have no ideas? Do they want to make money fast? Nothing of the sort! The album is incredibly well thought out and even better played.





The excellent "Zitti e buoni" goes first. A brilliantly and freshly played bass riff leads to a fierce chorus. You can feel the power of modern rock. "I wanna be your slave" is possibly even better. With its rhythmic stepping pace and hypnotic guitar melody it could still be played by rock radio stations in a few years. This is my favourite from the entire longplay. "In nome del padre" is as furious as it gets. Rock is still alive!





Even in slower songs like "Coraline" or "For your love" the band proves they can create one hell of a melody. What's more, in the songs performed in Italian it is just as feisty as in the English songs. Take "La Paura Del Buio", for example, where the almost rapped Italian lyrics don't interfere with the reception of the song at all. Same in the ballads "Vent'Anni" or "Coraline". You may not know what the band is singing about and still like this incredibly good rock music. 
 


All in all, I can say that Maneskin has done a fantastic rock job. "I wanna be your slave" Maneskin. Please, give me more of this awesome rock music. Waiting for your next CDs soon!

FINAL SCORE: 9/10

Comments